Mar 3, 2011

Storytime


"It is one of life's bitterest truths that bedtime so often arrives just when things are really getting interesting."
-Lemony Snicket, The Grim Grotto

Oh how I love to read a good book right before I go to bed...but it's so true that you always get to the really good part just when it's getting too late to stay up any longer...oh what a bitter truth indeed.

I recently learned about this great blog entitled, An Illustrated Guide: Short Reviews of Notable Picture Books and I totally dig it.

Not only is the site design cool (the images of the picture books move as your cursor moves and there are great literature related quotes sprinkled throughout), but I am a just big, big fan of picture books so the concept itself is just very cool.  I would have to say that other than the crafty section, the kids section of Barnes and Noble is pretty much my favorite...I have also taken a few Children's Literature courses over the years and even a class on how to actually write Children's Books, so it's fair to say that I am indeed a fan of the genre and hence this Notable Picture book blog.

The books that are spotlighted on the blog are not super mainstream; they are a bit alternative and offbeat, but cute.  And the reviews are well-written and entertaining.  Each one ends with the phrase, "The perfect book for ___________"...the blank is filled with an appropriate term describing children who would like the book such as, "young adventurers," or "little monsters," or "budding wordsmiths"...so clever...love it.

So do you have any favorite picture books??  Perhaps they made it onto the blog??  
Take a peek!






Quotation and image credits: An Illustrated Guide

1 comments:

Benay J said...

Hello S.
I see that you don't have a contact email posted so I'll write a comment instead =)
I found your blog from the blog hop waaaaay back in Nov... I love that you have lots of different interests. Thanks for sharing.
I'd like to personally invite you to check out DesignersHerald.com where you are welcome to promote your designs or simply post layouts.
Hope you have a wonderful week. Many blessings to you, Benay
Benayj at gmail.com

Post a Comment